Thursday, January 26, 2012

LABOR......What??

On Sunday January 16 it was around 1:30am and I got out of bed because I couldnt sleep..a familiar story. But I hadn't felt well all day. I got up and sat in the recliner and dozed off and on. Then about 3:30 started to hurt a little bit and by 4:30 when I woke Barry up for work..I told him I had called my dr and they said for me to go to women's hospital to be checked. I called my dad to sit with the kids while they were sleeping. Me and Barry and my mom headed to Womens. We got there it was around 6am and the nurse checked me and I was not dialted. They told me I could walk for a hour until the dr came by to see if this was labor. Me and Barry walked what felt like 500 laps around the hospital, stopping with contractions. Then I had the nurse check me again and I was 1cm. The dr came by and said they would check again in 1 hour, to see if any progression to see if REAL labor. If so they would go ahead with my c section. So we decided not to walk this hour mainly because contractions were about a minute apart and they HURT. I was in tears with some of them. So nurse checked me and I was 3cm so it was REAL and things happened fast from there. They began prepping for c section. I was in the OR getting my spinal and then it was just a blur it happened so fast. Cohen Benjamin Steed was born on January 16, 2012 at 9:50 am and he was 5.12oz and he was 19 1/4 inches long. He was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment